Our existing hall is now over 80 years old, and is becoming increasingly hard to keep it in good condition – hardly surpsingly, as it was only ever designed to be temporary building.
We are keen to continue to have this kind of provision at the heart of the Westlands – both for church activities and outreach, and for wider community use. After careful consideration over several years, the church council has gained all of the necessary permissions to replace our current hall with a new building of comparable size for church and community use, as an extension to our main building.
- Details of the proposals, and of the original financial challenge when we launched the project in June 2021, can be found here Note: Though building costs will almost certainly have increased since then , we also look likely to net rather more from the sale of our old hall site than the figure used in the launch brochure
- NEW – April 2022 Q&A here
- The presentation shown in church when the project was launched is on our youtube channel here
- Most of the interior of our church will be unaffected by the proposals, and all of the most significant items in the south transept will be retained – details here
- Our planning permissions can be found here, here and here
Since we launched our appeal in June 2021, we’ve done really well and have now raised about £750,000 from a variety of sources including a lot of very generous gifts from individuals, and some extra support from several grant-making trusts. We are waiting for tenders to come in and in view of the escalating costs of building materials, need to keep fundraising – especially if we are to have a chance of constructing both phases at the same time.
If you want to give to the project, one of the ways you can do this is by visiting our justgiving page Note: if you don’t want to make an additional donation to the justgiving platform, when it asks give you options of 5%,10% or 15% you just need to choose ‘other’ and then put 0.00 in the box below.
Alternatively you can print and return this response slip
Andrew Dawswell, Vicar 01782 619594